Those that know me well are aware that I am/was a fully qualified naturopath, herbalist, homoeopath and nutritionalist. I have always had a strong interest in the healing effects of botanical herbs and advocate for their responsible use.
These smoking mixes contain a small selection of herbs than have been historically used as tobacco substitutes. Not only nicotine-free, these herbs will also produce an effect and can be used in a myriad of ways including;
- Quitting cigarettes
- Diluting your tobacco to smoke less nicotine
- Diluting other herbs for the budget conscious
- To experience the herbal effects offered
Whatever your reason for use you can either smoke, vape or even make a tea out of this blend. Damiana is the dominant herb within this blend but as the name implies this is the “fresh as” blend, with the freshness expressed via the addition of Spearmint for that cool burst of flavour. Spearmint has also been used historically to treat sore throats. Marshmallow leaf has also played a possible role in helping with sore throats and coughs. Sage too has a multitude of effects.
EFFECTS OF DAMIANA
- May be smoked for a relaxed, calming sensation
- Historically, Damiana was mainly used to increase sexual desire and to prevent and treat sexual problems
- Thought to act as an aphrodisiac, antidepressant, tonic, diuretic, cough-suppressant, and mild laxative
- It promotes a general feeling of well-being
- Stimulates circulation which raises energy levels and assists weight loss
- Effects will last approx. one hour. With regular use effects will become stronger.
- Pain killer
- High blood pressure
- Muscle cramps
This blend can be used in 3 different ways. You can smoke it as you would normally smoke your tobacco or add the blend to your tobacco and/or herbal mixtures to dilute. You can also vaporise this mix, either as is or combined with other herbs (temperature recommended between 150°C and 175°C) . Finally, you can make a tea by simply brewing in boiled water. I recommend lightly brewing to start till you determine the taste!
x1 30g packet of Fresh As Herbal mixture.
- Marshmallow Leaf
Caution: Please do not consume this herbal mixture if you are pregnant (ask your Doctor first) or have experienced any negative effects with herbal remedies in the past. Please check with your Doctor if you are taking any medications that may interact with certain herbs, particularly if you are uncertain.