Those that know me well are aware that I am/was a fully qualified naturopath, herbalist, homoeopath and nutritionalist. I have always had a strong interest in the healing effects of botanical herbs and advocate for their responsible use.
These smoking mixes contain a small selection of herbs than have been historically used as tobacco substitutes. Not only nicotine-free, these herbs will also produce an effect and can be used in a myriad of ways including;
- Quitting cigarettes
- Diluting your tobacco to smoke less nicotine
- Diluting other herbs for the budget conscious
- To experience the herbal effects offered
Whatever your reason for use you can either smoke, vape or even make a tea out of this blend. Mugwort is the dominant herb within this blend but as the name implies this is the “Mellow As” blend, with the addition of Marshmallow Leaf, Red Clover and Hops to round out the balanced, neutral flavour. The addition of Hops in particular is quite interesting as Hops is generally used in the production of beer. Hops has historically been used to treat insomnia, anxiety, nervousness and irritability.
EFFECTS OF MUGWORT
- Has traditionally been used to treat digestive disorders
- Said to keep away evil spirits and bad luck
- Has been used as a tonic for various remedies
- Can be used for improving appetite and absorption of nutrients over long periods of time, in small doses
- Eliminates worms from the body
- Contains the active ingredient ‘thrujone’ which is said to be responsible for the plant’s hallucinogenic properties
- Can be used to induce menstruation
- Has been used widely as an antiseptic
- Known to provide relief from malaria
- ***WARNING: Should not be used by pregnant women***
Has been used for:
- Modern herbalists prescribe Mugwort for bruises and to stop excessive menstrual bleeding
- Digestive problems
This blend can be used in 3 different ways. You can smoke it as you would normally smoke your tobacco or add the blend to your tobacco and/or herbal mixtures to dilute. You can also vaporise this mix, either as is or combined with other herbs (temperature recommended between 150°C and 175°C) . Finally, you can make a tea by simply brewing in boiled water. I recommend lightly brewing to start till you determine the taste!
x1 30g packet of Mellow As Herbal mixture.
- Marshmallow Leaf
- Red Clover
Caution: Please do not consume this herbal mixture if you are pregnant (ask your Doctor first) or have experienced any negative effects with herbal remedies in the past. Please check with your Doctor if you are taking any medications that may interact with certain herbs, particularly if you are uncertain.