Grav, hands down are the masters of glass, scientific producers of glass if you will. A global reputation that is hard to surpass. Built to last, highly functional and as gorgeous as glass can get. Those in the know only and always use Grav glass. When Grav makes a water pipe/dab rig/glass pipe they know what they are doing. Built strong for a smooth and easy session. Oh, and so they don’t break easily either. Beautiful enough to display anywhere in your home, if that’s how you do things.
Grav tends to categorise their glassware into collections with a variety of looks and styles covered within each collection. As the name gives away this Water Pipe is part of the Helix Collection. An extensive collection that includes water pipes, steamrollers, hand pipes as well as flower bowls. In a nutshell, a feature that all Helix products share is the Venturi Chamber. A system created with less wastage in mind as most find it particularly difficult to inhale (and absorb) a large lungful of smoke. This system will enable you to use less herbal material and to have a cooler experience.
WHAT IS A VENTURI CHAMBER THEN?
A glass structure (shaped kind of like a weird teardrop) that spins, cools and aerates the smoke within. This is achieved via 3 evenly spaced openings located at the base (widest portion) of the Venturi chamber. Here is my step by step take.
- Upon lighting your flower bowl the smoke will enter directly into the Venturi Chamber attached beneath (located directly below the flower bowl).
- At the exact same moment, the 3 holes at the base of the Venturi Chamber pull air into the chamber.
- These holes are specifically designed (angled) to enable the air and the smoke to mingle whilst creating a spinning column effect, hence the name Helix!
- You smoke will then enter the water chamber via the down stem for the second phase of cooling and filtration
- Results = A cooler and smoother experience with less wastage.
This is such an interesting little accessory that you can add to almost all glass water pipes that accept a 14mm (male) connector (meaning they have a female joint) enabling you to experience the Helix Aeration System even if you don’t own any Grav Water Pipes. Shaped just like all the other Venturi Chambers found within the Helix Collection (a weird teardrop) and functions in exactly the same way just on a smaller scale.
It’s Grav so you know the glass is good and sturdy plus the frosted Helix Logo will let you know you have the real deal. This is not a flower bowl but an in-between piece whereby one end inserts directly into your down stem and the other end links up to your flower bowl. Each end fits 14mm connections with a male on the base and a female connection point at the top. Adding this chamber to your current glass set up will not only increase the visual spectacle but will make your experience cooler and more comfortable.
Measuring: 10cm in height, 14cms at its widest point.
x1 Grav Helix 14mm Premix Chamber
- Heavy duty Glass
- Venturi Chamber
- Connects to 14mm down stem (male)
- Connects to 14mm flower bowl (female)
- Helix Aeration System
- Less wastage
- Cooler Hits
- 10cms tall
- Designed by: Willl Menzes