Ongrok was first introduced to me via one of my helpful staff members, she was particularly excited when I arrived one morning, and we then spent the day ogling their catalogue. I have since gone a little crazy and pretty much ordered their entire line-up for my shelves and to say I was excited when the boxes arrived is a slight understatement!
Designed in North America (AKA Canada) with what I would describe as a modern minimalistic flair. High quality materials are their go to; natural hardwoods, aircraft-grade aluminium as well as eco-friendly materials. Products that are sleek as well as discrete, a range designed with lifestyle in mind.
As for the name? Comes from the work “Grok”, a term used in Robert Heinlein’s novel – Stranger in a Strange Land. Definition? To understand something deeply, intuitively or by empathy. Which is exactly the philosophy Ongrok stands by!
An all new grinder from Ongrok, 5 parts instead of the usual 4, along with a new grinding technique/teeth. They have recently released 2 new grinder both with unique features, including a separate storage zone located at the very top of each grinder. A rather large and airtight zone with its own lid – up to 3.5g capacity. This storage area comes in addition to the internal storage located beneath the grinding plate, so 2 areas for storage then! A handy little feature enabling you to separate your flower material for whatever reason.
PYRAMID TEETH? – Grinders worldwide are going through a kind of metamorphosis at the moment. Developing research has found that using a blade to shred your herbal material can damage the potency and efficacy of the plant. Various forms of grinding plates are now being produced and this particular one come in the form of multiple mini pyramids all over the top and bottom, sharp enough to shred your herbal material without hurting you. These little protruding triangles will meet and will provide an effortlessly fine grind.
Each grinder is made entirely from super durable aircraft grade aluminium with the following features included;
- Easy open and locking – A quarter turn function enables you to open/close the grinder (main compartment) with minimal effort. Medicinal marijuana users who suffer from mobility issues in their hands may appreciate this function. The grinding lid stays in place via a powerful magnet (neodymium).
- Removeable screen – A very underrated feature that I wish more brands would utilise. In general screens are inbuilt, impacting on cleaning and making them irreplaceable. Not so with this grinder, Ongrok has designed it so that the screen lifts out incredibly easy via a handle of sorts. Remove it to clean or remove it to create more storage space.
- Large lower storage zone – Ongrok put a lot of thought into the size of this grinder as they wanted it to be compact/easily transportable whilst having the largest storage area they could craft. 63mm diameter is the size they settled on, which does actually provide a nice amount of room. Ongrok really wanted enough space to fit a small/mini humidity pack along with your herbal material. How very professional of them!
- Diamond knurled top cap for a non-slip grip. A textured band along the top lid makes handling easier.
- Bonus brush & guitar pick scoop
Measuring: Almost 8cm tall and 6cms around
- X1 Ongrok Premium 5-Piece Storage Grinder – Pyramid Teeth
- X1 Guitar Pick/scoop
- X1 Brush
- Premium Aircraft Grade Aluminium
- 5 piece
- Very durable
- Pyramid Teeth
- Fine and even grind
- Magnetised lid
- Quarter turn open/close function
- Removeable screen
- Large storage within – 2 zones
- Built in top storage jar – airtight for freshness
- Cross compatible with Puck Storage
- Designed to be used for long term storage
- Small/mini humidity pack can fit within
- Measuring: 8cms tall and 6cms around