MJ Arsenal is quickly becoming a brand that I admire. Unique and quite intricate in their design, unlike any other items that I sell. They specialise in bubblers of all sizes (they tend to like to create palm sized products) as well as amazing dab rigs. Each piece they craft is triple inspected for any imperfections. MJ Arsenal, based out of Denver Colorado, consider themselves a consumer-focused company. Their objective is to push boundaries in any given product/function and they generally succeed with an assortment of patents and trademarks issued.
MINI JIG MINI RIG FEATURES
The Mini Jig Mini Rig is my fourth dab rig from MJ Arsenal after the Dregg, Ursa and the Jammer Mini Rigs, all designed to be on the smaller side with the same premise – to provide exceptional hits that can rival larger dab rigs with no compromise on functionality. The Mini Rig is slightly larger that the other 3 and from top to bottom measures in at approximately 14cms and is somewhere between 8 – 9cms at its widest (protruding pathway). A sturdily and ergonomically built piece of glass (100% borosilicate glass). This is a fabulous little dab rig. Great for the novice as well as the connoisseur. Expect a smoother and more enjoyable smoking experience whilst at home or on the road! Oh, and I haven’t mentioned that MJ Arsenal has decided to integrate a storage jar (with a silicone cap) enabling you to safely store your concentrates for future use.
TIP: The reason that MJ Arsenal tends to craft smaller pieces is that terpenes tend to degrade when exposed to air and a smaller rig means less air and therefore more flavour.
LOW TEMPERATURE QUARTZ BANGER
A pure Quartz Banger is provided with this kit. The extra thick, heat-resistant Quartz vaporises concentrates at lower temperatures, increasing flavour while decreasing harshness. The Banger fits snuggly into the rig (male connection 10mm) and works to create an airtight seal allowing for optimal airflow and deeper inhalations. The Banger is in direct proportion to the Mini Rig meaning that it is on the smaller side (is quite deep though) but rest assured, it will still provide you with big and smooth rips bursting with flavour.
SINGLE UPTAKE RECYCLER
MJ Arsenal quite likes to design some interesting percolation set ups within their rigs. The entire pathway from banger to mouthpiece is quite unique. The Mini Jig Mini Rig features a unique single uptake recycler, a system that provides elite water filtration. In a nutshell, recyclers work to filter your smoke through more than one chamber allowing for better filtration and large hits.
Once lit your vapour will travel towards the base connected percolator (4 slits), the vapour is broken down into a myriad of tiny bubbles immediately working hard to purify and cool down the vapour. This is not the end as the vapour (and some water) now moves via a protruding pathway that leads up to a second chamber for further filtration. Finally, the excess water will fall back down into the larger water chamber whilst you inhale.
TIP: The Mini Jig Mini Rig has been designed to provide you with massive (truly!) clouds.
First step is to fill your rig with water. I recommend not overfilling and filling to just over the percolator holes.
- Effective dabbing is dependent on the lighter being used. A torch-style lighter is required to attain the heats required.
- Before any dangerous heating occurs, I recommend using a dab tool to scoop out a tiny portion of your concentrate and place aside in an easy to reach location.
- Ensuring that you are safe and standing near anything flammable you will need to use your torch to heat up the banger for approximately 20-30 seconds.
- Set the torch aside in a safe location, ensuring that it is turned off.
- It is highly recommended that you wait a short period of time (maybe 30 seconds or so) before applying your concentrate within the heated banger. This will help with harshness and flavour.
- I tend to start inhaling and getting the water bubbling within the rig a fraction of a second before applying any product. Swirl your dab tool around the interior of the banger.
- Remove the dab tool, grab a carb cap and place it over the banger whilst you continue to inhale.
- You are effectively done when nothing is pulling through.
HOW TO CLEAN
You have options when cleaning glassware, you can either use one of the myriad of prepackaged cleaning solutions (ensure you rinse thoroughly to ensure no chemicals remain) or you can use my favourite method of Isopropyl Alcohol blended with Rock Salt (check out Higher Standards Salt Rox). The 2 work perfectly together to dissolve and abrade resins/gunk away.
As for the banger, I would soak that overnight in Isopropyl. Please be gentle with the banger though, it is the weakest point in the rig and can break if mishandled. Rinse thoroughly and allow all parts to dry before reassembling.
TIP: I like to use my torch (Higher Standards Big Blazer Torch is my choice) to clean the banger between uses by applying heat directly to any melted-on gunk until it dissolves. I also like to use cotton buds that have been lightly dipped in Isopropyl Alcohol to mop up any leftovers (let the banger cool a little first). This process should not replace the major cleans that your rig will need to undergo regularly to maintain a pure and flavoursome experience.
x1 MJ Arsenal Mini Jig Mini Rig and x1 Quartz Banger
- Made from Heavy Duty Hand blown Borosilicate Glass and Quartz
- Portable Water Filtration
- Authentic MJ Arsenal product
- 14cms tall
- Base connected percolator
- Single Uptake Recycler
- Integrated Storage Jar with Silicone lid
- Low temp Quartz Banger
- 10mm male connection
- Smooth and flavoursome