I love innovation and when a brand takes a risk to create a product that is truly different. One of the reasons that I decided to bring in the Bud Bomb, an almost indestructible metal pipe with a very unique helix design that effectively elongates the pathway that smoke travels through (trust me you want as long a pathway as you can get!). Designed to provide you with a cooler, smoother and cleaner smoking experience than a standard pipe. You can rest assured that this is the original Bud Bomb and not one of the many counterfeits available on the market.
The Bud Bomb is technically a dry herb pipe (no oils, no concentrates), whereby you place your herb within a chamber located at one end, light the herb then inhale from the mouthpiece. The body of the unit is made from solid metal and feels quite weighty in the hand. You will have a hard time breaking this pipe (this is not a challenge!). This is a great option for those who like to take their hits whilst on the go in an enclosed system.
So, let’s break this pipe down into its individual parts (4 parts to be exact), with each part easily removable for that all-important cleaning routine.
- A 20mm bowl unscrews from the very end. This is where your herbal material is placed. Unlike other pipes that I sell this bowl is completely self contained and has 3 holes for the flame to enter within when you are lighting the pipe externally.
- The bowl screws directly onto the main body of the Bud Bomb, 52mm central casing. If you look within you will see 3 holes that allow the smoke to travel from the bowl up through the casing towards the helix located within. For those of you that like to take very deep and intense inhales I would recommend placing a screen over the 3 holes for added protection.
- Now we get to the magic that is the Bud Bomb, the unique removeable helix. For those of you unaware a helix is another name for a corkscrew. I have to give Bud Bomb props as corkscrews go, this is a very impressive looking one. The premise of the helix is simple, to elongate the pathway that smoke travels through from bowl to mouthpiece. Keeping in mind the longer the pathway the cooler and smoother your experience will be. The unique design of the helix forces the smoke to travel along its entire distance (round and round it goes) till it reaches the top spiral where a hole is located allowing the smoke to finally move into the last portion. Over time you may also notice tar building up as the helix works hard to capture contaminants.
- Finally, the nicely tapered mouthpiece. I like that this portion is also slightly elongated further adding to the travel time. The 5mm smoke outlet is quite ample and will allow for the freeflow of smoke. Eyelet holes (x2) sit along the base allowing you to attach your Bud Bomb to a key ring or chain.
- A really easy pipe to master. I recommend grinding/chopping your herb before usage for an even burn.
- Detach the bowl and place your herbal material within. I would not pack too tightly (or overpack) as you should still be able to draw easily without too much exertion on your part.
- Reattach the bowl and light directly around the 3 holes located on the exterior of the bowl. Inhale whilst you are lighting keeping in mind that it will extinguish the moment you remove the lighter as you are not directly igniting your herb. This allow you to toke on the contents multiple times as needed. I don’t recommend lighting your herb for long periods of time as the temperature may become uncomfortable. 3-5 seconds per time is recommended.
- Allow to cool if you wish to repack and reuse.
TIP: For added smoothness why not try freezing your pipe before use.
My old friend Isopropyl Alcohol is going to be needed to give your pipe a really good clean. I would take the pipe apart into its 4 components and focus on each individually. A cotton swab or cloth doused in a little Isopropyl can be used to wipe down all parts. Warm soapy water can also be used to give each part a wash. For stubborn gunk build-up you may need to soak your pipe overnight in Isopropyl to loosen things up first. I tend to really focus on keeping mouthpieces clean and this is no exception. A pipe cleaner (Hemper Tech do some great ones!) can easily be inserted directly into the mouthpiece for extra scrubbing.
X1 Authentic and Original Bud Bomb (4 parts in all)
- Detachable (4 parts)
- Easy to clean
- Approx 10cm long
- Unique helix design
- Elongated smoke pathway
- Provides a smoother and cooler experience