MJ Arsenal is quickly becoming a brand that I admire. Unique and quite intricate in their design, unlike any other items that I sell. They specialise in bubblers of all sizes (they tend to like to create palm sized products) as well as amazing dab rigs. Each piece they craft is triple inspected for any imperfections. MJ Arsenal, based out of Denver Colorado, consider themselves a consumer-focused company. Their objective is to push boundaries in any given product/function and they generally succeed with an assortment of patents and trademarks issued.
The Ursa Rig is my third dab rig from MJ Arsenal after the Dregg and the Jammer Mini Rigs, all designed to be on the smaller side with the same premise – to provide exceptional hits that can rival larger dab rigs with no compromise on functionality. The Ursa is slightly larger that the other 2 and from top to bottom the Ursa measures in at approximately 13cms and is somewhere between 5 – 6cms at its widest (base and protruding pathway). A sturdily and ergonomically built piece of glass.
TIP: The reason that MJ Arsenal tends to craft smaller pieces is that terpenes tend to degrade when exposed to air and a smaller rig means less air and therefore more flavour.
A pure Quartz Banger is provided with this kit. The extra thick, heat-resistant Quartz vaporises concentrates at lower temperatures, increasing flavour while decreasing harshness. The Banger fits snuggly into the rig (male connection 10mm) and works to create an airtight seal allowing for optimal airflow and deeper inhalations. The Banger is in direct proportion to the Ursa meaning that it is on the smaller side (is quite deep though) but rest assured, it will still provide you with big and smooth rips bursting with flavour.
MJ Arsenal quite likes to design some interesting percolation set ups within their rigs. The entire pathway from banger to mouthpiece is quite unique. Once lit your vapour will travel halfway around the exterior of the rig within the protruding glass tube till it enters in at the base connected percolator. Not just any percolator, The Ursa boasts a discus perc (6 slots) that diffuses water into a barrel-style water chamber. Due to the high levels of diffusion, each hit is moisture-conditioned and effectively cooled for smoother inhalations. So here is a breakdown of how it all goes down;
- As you inhale your vapour is pulled through the base connector percolator.
- Your vapour then splits apart into a multitude of tiny bubbles resulting in water diffusion gone mad! Is actually quite cool to watch.
- The tiny bubbles are then spun into a vortex for a second rinse within the internal chamber.
TIP: The Ursa has been designed to provide you with massive (truly!) clouds.
In a nutshell, this is a fabulous little dab rig. Great for the novice as well as the connoisseur. Expect a smoother and more enjoyable smoking experience whilst at home or on the road! The constant flow and spinning vortex effect work hard to provide cleaner smoother hits, maximum flavour and ultimate convenience all for your elevated enjoyment.
To use: First step is to fill your Ursa with water. I recommend not overfilling and filling to just over the percolator holes.
- Effective dabbing is dependent on the lighter being used. A torch-style lighter is required to attain the heats required.
- Before any dangerous heating occurs, I recommend using a dab tool to scoop out a tiny portion of your concentrate and place aside in an easy to reach location.
- Ensuring that you are safe and not standing near anything flammable you will need to use your torch to heat up the banger for approximately 20-30 seconds.
- Set the torch aside in a safe location, ensuring that it is turned off.
- It is highly recommended that you wait a short period of time (maybe 30 seconds or so) before applying your concentrate within the heated banger. This will help with harshness and flavour.
- I tend to start inhaling and getting the water bubbling within the rig a fraction of a second before applying any product. Swirl your dab tool around the interior of the banger.
- Remove the dab tool, grab a carb cap and place it over the banger whilst you continue to inhale.
- You are effectively done when nothing is pulling through.
TIP: I like to use my torch (Higher Standards Big Blazer Torch is my choice) to clean the banger between uses by applying heat directly to any melted-on gunk until it dissolves. I also like to use cotton buds that have been lightly dipped in Isopropyl Alcohol to mop up any leftovers (let the banger cool a little first). This process should not replace the major cleans that your rig will need to undergo regularly to maintain a pure and flavoursome experience.
x1 MJ Arsenal Ursa Mini Rig and x1 Quartz Banger
- Made from Heavy Duty Handblown Borosilicate Glass and Quartz
- 4mm Glass
- Portable Water Filtration
- Authentic MJ Arsenal product
- Base connected percolator
- Discus percolator
- Vortex effect for extreme diffusion
- Low temp Quartz Banger
- 10mm male connection
- Built in Reclaim-catcher to prevent spills and clogging
- Smooth and flavoursome
**This is a collectors item and at We are Lux we don’t encourage the breaking of any Australian laws.**