When I first opened my store 3 years ago, I decided that I wanted to create a unique retail experience that I felt was lacking in the 420-lifestyle market here is Australia. I felt we were getting left behind as the world forged forward with new and exciting products. I constantly scout around for new innovation (my most favourite part of my job!) and then try my hardest to bring it over to Australia. Not always achievable but I wont stop! Abraxian is a brand that I have been chasing after for most of 2020, and 9 months later I finally have it!
Each piece is made from high quality borosilicate glass and traditional glassblowing techniques are used. Each and every one is crafted exclusively by hand from conception to the finished article. Abraxian isn’t just about glassblowing though, each kit contains all that you need to begin your session (apart from the herbal material obviously!). All kits include a nice sized 4-flame torch, a flower bowl, heatwand and down stem (if required). All come boxed in a very fancy foam lined box.
Oh, and in case you weren’t already intrigued I present to you the Abraxian “Legacy Promise”. More on that below.
Long and thin is how I would describe this bong, a simple and elegant design. A cylindrical tube from bottom to top with a wide circular base for stability. The Elysian is a little thinner that the other 3 glass pieces that Abraxian produces as 3mm thick borosilicate glass is used instead of the usual 5mm. The water chamber is of a smaller size for those of you who like to fill on the lower side for a milder percolation effect.
The diffusing down stem (removable) holds the 14mm (male) glass flower bowl. A larger sized bowl perfect for sharing. 6 horizontal slits on the base of the down stem pull the smoke through to interact with the water. Diffusing your smoke through water will cool down and smooth out the experience therefore less coughing/harshness. A certain amount of toxins are also filtered out, resulting in cleaner smoke.
TIP: All connection joints that Abraxian uses are 14.5mm standard and are frosted for easy insertion (down stems and flower bowls) and a tight seal.
Between the water chamber and the long neck is a three-pronged ice catcher that will work in 2 ways. Its main function is to enable you to insert appropriately sized cubes of ice into the neck. Your smoke then passes through the ice and is super chilled before inhalation. Why? You guessed it. Yes, it is for extra smoothness and a further cooling effect. And to be honest it is also a unique experience! The secondary purpose is to prevent excessive splash back in the case that you like to inhale like it is an Olympic sport. A carb hole sits ergonomically just above the ice pinch exactly where you would place your fingers.
The mouthpiece of the Elysian is a little different and is “folded’. A super thick and rounded off mouthpiece with a recessed groove beneath designed for added comfort whilst allowing you to create a perfect seal. The gold Abraxian logo is located just below the mouthpiece, letting you (and others) know you have bought an authorised official glass piece from their range. No point in fakes, right?
- 300mm height
- 45mm mouthpiece diameter
- 120mm base diameter
The quality of their work was one thing but what really tipped me over the edge about Abraxian is the complete kits that all their glassware comes in. The black foam lined box is seriously gorgeous and will allow you to store and transport your piece in style (no handle though).
- A Quad-flame Blowtorch – a fully windproof, ergonomic and elegant torch with 4 individual flames to light your material effortlessly. Powerful yet small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. A great lighter for dab rigs as well as the DynaVap.
- 4-piece Zinc Alloy Signature Grinder – A high quality grinder boasting 3 levels and some pretty sharp diamond shaped cutting blades (don’t worry they won’t hurt you). The top lid is magnetic and has the Abraxian logo. There is a reasonably sized internal storage zone with a fine mesh base for kief to fall through. A small scoop is also provided.
- Heat Wand – This is a new one for me and I had to do a little research first. The wand provided in this kit is made entirely from the same heavy-duty borosilicate glass as the rest of the Elysian and is 15½ cms tall. A fairly thick clear glass wand with a little protrusion at one end which is the handle. The premise of this wand is kind of genius and quite simple at the same time. You use your Abraxian Quad Torch to light the end of the wand until it is red hot. You then let it cool slightly (few seconds) then apply the end of the wand directly to your herbal material for an instant vaporisation effect. You can also use the wand to combust your material by overheating it and not allowing it to cool.
Not sure if Abraxian realises what they are promising but they offer a no-questions-asked replacement for any broken glass accessories. Including all shipping costs!! Nuts, right?? Glass accessories must be removable and ONLY include the following: flower bowl, down stem and heating wand. You must take a photo and send it to Abraxian directly (not to me) and they will facilitate the rest. But I would advise not abusing this system as I am sure they will start asking questions!
- X1 Abraxian Glassware “The Elysian”
- X1 14mm Borosilicate Glass Flower Bowl
- X1 Diffusing down stem
- X1 Quad Flame Torch
- X1 4 Piece Zinc Alloy Grinder
- X1 Borosilicate Glass Heat Wand
- X1 Foam Lined Storage Box
- Heavy Duty Borosilicate Glass
- Bong in a straight tube style
- Hand made
- Traditional glassblowing techniques used
- Diffusion perc system
- 14mm male connection
- Legacy Promise